how to get older version of php5-mbstring

Jerry gesbbb at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 28 17:08:15 UTC 2009

On Tue, 28 Apr 2009 16:30:04 +0200 (CEST)
Pieter Donche <Pieter.Donche at ua.ac.be> wrote:

>On Tue, 28 Apr 2009, Jerry wrote:
>
>> On Tue, 28 Apr 2009 14:05:47 +0200 (CEST)
>>> I updated via the ports collection php5-mbstring
>>> to the latest version 5.2.9. Previously I had 5.2.8
>>> Also updated php5 from 5.2.8 to 5.2.9
>>> and php5-extensions from 1.2 to 1.3
>>> installing php5-mbstring-5.2.9 installed it alongside
>>> php5-mbstring-5.2.8: # pkg_info | grep mbstring
>>> php5-mbstring-5.2.8 The mbstring shared extension for php
>>> php5-mbstring-5.2.9 The mbstring shared extension for php
>>> Then I deleted mbstring 5.2.8 (thinking I wouldn't need it any
>>> longer) # pkg_delete php5-mbstring-5.2.8
>>> But now it seems that my Drupal 6.9 continues to look for
>>> php5-mbstring-5.2.8 (not looking at php5-mbstring-5.2.9)
>>> How can I install php5-mbstring-5.2.8 again via the ports ??
>>
>> cd /usr/ports/www/drupal6
>> make clean && make deinstall && make reinstall
>>
>> There is no need to install the older version of php5-mbstring. In
>> fact, doing so might cause problems at some point.
>
>Problem is that our drupal-6.9 was installed from a tar file, not
>from freebsd ports and in some location different than where
>FreeBSD drupal6 port installs it (i think FreeBSD's place is
>/usr/local/www/drupal ?)
>
>We had it unpacked in /usr/local/www/apache22/data/drupal.
>
>If I install drupal6-10 from the ports, how will the affect things?
>Of would it be safe to make a soft-link /usr/local/www/drupal ->
>/usr/local/www/apache22/data/drupal before installing from ports?
>
>Also since the first drupal (6.9) was not installed from ports, then
>what is needed might be:
># cd /usr/ports/www/drupal6
># make install clean
>
>is that correct?
>
>Also, I do not understand well why a package can not handle a higher
>version of php5-mbstring-5.2.9 instead of 5.2.9 since it is only a
>security issue patch?

If it were me, I would uninstall your present version of drupal and
install the version available in the ports tree.  CD to the
correct directory, and then run: "make config" first to insure it is
configured to your liking. The run:

	make install distclean

That should correct the situation. You might have to make some
configuration changes from your original installation though. That is
one of the major problems when installing sans the ports system.

--
Jerry
gesbbb at yahoo.com

Piece of cake!