CVS history access?

Giorgos Keramidas keramida at freebsd.org
Mon Apr 27 19:29:07 UTC 2009

On Mon, 27 Apr 2009 15:03:30 -0400, John Nielsen <lists at jnielsen.net> wrote:
> I installed the subversion-freebsd port and pulled in "src" from "head".
> This lets me do e.g. "svn log -g --xml" locally and get an XML list of
> commits along the main (head/current) development line going back to
> 1993.
>
> For files changed with each revision I can do "svn diff -c
> NUM --summarize". Is there a way to get this information integrated with
> the "svn log" output short of running the command for each revision in
> the log output?

It's already part of 'svn log --xml' output if you use the -v option.
When you use -v *and* --xml at the same time, an additional element is
inserted to each changeset listing all the path changes:

  $ svn log -v --xml -c 191585 file:///home/svn/base
  <?xml version="1.0"?>
  <log>
  <logentry
     revision="191585">
  <author>rpaulo</author>
  <date>2009-04-27T18:59:40.453027Z</date>
% <paths>
% <path
%    kind=""
%    action="M">/projects/mesh11s/sys/net80211/ieee80211_output.c</path>
% </paths>
  <msg>Append Mesh Configuration IE on probe responses and beacons.

  Sponsored by:   The FreeBSD Foundation
  </msg>
  </logentry>
  </log>

I think the <paths> list of path changes is what you are after :)