Modern FreeBSD Installer?

Rolf G Nielsen listreader at lazlarlyricon.com
Sun Apr 26 14:44:21 UTC 2009

Glen Barber wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 26, 2009 at 7:01 AM, Wojciech Puchar
> <wojtek at wojtek.tensor.gdynia.pl> wrote:
>>> software installation CPU/RAM needs), run the dialog(3) interface.  If
>>> it's
>>> a fast 686, default to a X environment.
>> nonsense. please stop this stupid discussion at all.
>>
>> just use linux or windows (maybe PC-BSD) if it's important for you.
>
> This discussion is not about Linux or Windows.  It is about a
> graphical installer.  If you are not going to contribute anything
> useful to the discussion, close your email client.

And why is a graphical installer needed or even wanted? As several
people, including, I believe, Wojciech, pointed out, it would just make
the installation process slower without adding anything useful to
functionality. Concentrate on function and flexibility instead of eye
candy. And I tend to agree with Polyptron about language. I have several
friends who wouldn't dream of using a system that's English only. Simply
because they do not understand it well enough.

--

Rolf Nielsen