Firefox3 and dependencies on firefox2,libxul,xulrunner

Lena at lena.kiev.ua Lena at lena.kiev.ua
Thu Apr 23 18:41:54 UTC 2009

Hi,

I uninstalled firefox 2, installed firefox 3 and use it. Later,
portupgrade of librsvg2 began to build firefox 2 (I aborted it with ^C).
Then I specified

    "graphics/librsvg2" => "WITH_GECKO=xulrunner",

in MAKE_ARGS in /usr/local/etc/pkgtools.conf . Now I'm trying to portupgrade
mplayer-plugin, it also tried to build firefox 2. I tried

    "www/mplayer-plugin" => "WITH_GECKO=xulrunner",

but that gave an error message (xulrunner isn't an option). So, I tried

    "www/mplayer-plugin" => "WITH_GECKO=libxul",

then:

> ===>  libxul-1.9.0.7_3 conflicts with installed package(s):
>       xulrunner-1.8.0.4_15
>
>       They install files into the same place.
>       Please remove them first with pkg_delete(1).

What to do - to allow firefox2 to be installed along with firefox3?
Will they conflict?

Is Gecko a really necessary dependence of librsvg2 and mplayer-plugin
if they are invoked only from firefox3?  For what?

7.1-PRERELEASE (Oct 20) i386, linux_base-f8-8_11.

Thanks.