BurnCd--Kernel Panic

David M. Patronis thenudnik at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 09:38:27 UTC 2009

I'm using an Intel DG33BU board with a SATA HD and SATA optical drives.
Using FreeBSD 7.1 AMD64 I get a kernel panic and subsequent file system
corruption when attempting to burn a cd using the burncd utility. I can
avoid this easily enough by using cdrecord and growisofs which work as
they should. I wanted to alert others using the same or similar boards.

If anyone has any ideas, I'd  like to know why this happens. Is there a
planned update to the burncd software or how it addresses the system
that might remedy this in future releases?

--David