Modern FreeBSD Installer?

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Thu Apr 23 07:07:34 UTC 2009

On Thu, 23 Apr 2009 10:00:24 +0300, Manolis Kiagias <sonicy at otenet.gr> wrote:
> The text installer should always be the default, IMHO. A GUI  installer
> should be selectable i.e. from the boot options.
> I hope Ivan Voras finds the time to continue with the finstall project,
> it looked very promising:
>
> http://ivoras.sharanet.org/blog/tree/2009-02-19.what-happened-to-finstall.html

As an option, yes; as a replacement... uhm, no, better not...

> The problem here is that sysinstall *does* allow you to go back and redo
> some steps, but then fails miserably and mysteriously
> [...]
> ...it does allow you to go back in a sort of way - but then fails many
> times to continue normally.

I don't deny that fact that this observation is possible, but I
never found such a behaviour. Could you provide an example how
to create a situation where sysinstall fails as you mentioned it?
(It's a completely honest question.)

--
Polytropon
>From Magdeburg, Germany