FreeBSD and Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG

Daniel Underwood djuatdelta at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 22:15:04 UTC 2009

Thanks Patrick.  After updating my /boot/loader.conf, it now contains:

legal.intel_iwi.license_ack=1
iwi_bss_load="YES"
iwi_ibss_load="YES"
iwi_monitor_load="YES"
wlan_scan_ap_load="YES"
wlan_scan_sta_load="YES"
wlan_wep_load="YES"
wlan_tkip_load="YES"
wlan_ccmp_load="YES"

I no longer receive the error message about failing to load the
firmware. However, when I enter "ifconfig iwi0 up scan", I receive the
following in the xconsole:

iwi0: firmware stuck in state4, resetting

Any idea what that means, or what state4 is?  (Sorry, I'm very new to FreeBSD.)

Thanks,
Daniel