Can you ACTUALLY print from FreeBSD?

Keith Seyffarth weif at weif.net
Wed Apr 22 14:28:54 UTC 2009

> What version of FreeBSD are you using? There was a problem with certain
> USB devices in the 6.x branch with timing out.

What would the symptoms of this timing out be? what I'm seeing is
pretty instantaneous. In fact, printing to lpr instead of cups (with
cups disabled), I usually can't catch the job in the print spool
folder (because I can't hit the up arrow twice fast enough to pull it
out of my history before it thinks it has finished printing).