legal aspects in order to use the open source sw fsck_msdosfs

John Nielsen lists at jnielsen.net
Tue Apr 21 14:59:42 UTC 2009

On Tuesday 21 April 2009 08:33:00 am Stefan Beskow wrote:
> Hello,
> My name is Stefan Beskow and I work as a configuration manager within
> Ericsson AB.
> I am investigating the legal aspects of the use of open source sw
> within a project.
>
> Could you please help me with information about license issues and
> copywriting issues ea for the fsck_msdosfs ?
> What is required in order to use the fsck_msdosfs software?

fsck_msdosfs is provided under a BSD license like most of the rest of
FreeBSD. See:
http://www.freebsd.org/copyright/index.html and especially
http://www.freebsd.org/copyright/freebsd-license.html.

For fsck_msdosfs in particular, see also the comments at the top of the
source files, e.g.:
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/sbin/fsck_msdosfs/main.c?rev=1.15.20.1;content-type=text%2Fplain.

JN