Vim port problem

Fernando Apesteguía fernando.apesteguia at gmail.com
Sun Apr 19 07:54:07 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I have the latest version of the ports collection (gotten with
portsnap). I performed a whole update of my system (FreeBSD
7.1-RELEASE-p4 #12). Everything went fine save the vim port.

It is unable to download vim-7.2.tar.bz2 despite the fact that the URL
portupgrade tries to download from, exists:
http://ftp.vim.org/pub/vim/unix/vim-7.2.tar.bz2
It was unable to download the file from any other sites. Several
different errors (Move permanently, range request not satisfiable...)

However, I downloaded that file from the first site using 'fetch',
place the file in /usr/ports/distfiles/vim and I could install the
package...

Any ideas on this problem?

Thanks in advance.