Problems watching video with the Radeon HD 3850

Aniruddha mailing_list at redmijncomputer.nl
Fri Apr 17 19:30:13 UTC 2009

Mel Flynn wrote:
> -cache 20480 for a ~20MB cache which should be sufficient to rule this out. If
> this resolves the problem, it's not in your video card (or driver), but rather
> in storage media.
>
> If using mplayer, can you try if specifying a cache resolves the
> problems? Use
This didn't work, I suspect the problem is with the driver though. I
added the following line to my xorg.conf's device section (source
http://www.x.org/wiki/radeonhd:INSTALL):

        Option          "AccelMethod" "EXA"
        Option          "DRI"

This seemed to fix the problem somewhat but now scrolling in Firefox is very slow.