PDF Authoring tool, suggestions?

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Fri Apr 17 17:11:52 UTC 2009

On Fri, 17 Apr 2009 12:17:45 -0400, Michael Powell <nightrecon at verizon.net> wrote:
> Ltcddata wrote:
>
> > Don't know if I am missing the point here but why not use open office
> > to create your pdf file with its export as PDF feature?
>
> Unless something has changed very recently OpenOffice.org doesn't import
> .pdf's that already exist, which the OP indicates he needs in order to edit
> a pre-existing file.

I think it would pe possible to use LaTeX in this case, too. The
source PDF can be imported, but I think it needs to be converted
to ps or eps before. Then, the modification (add) can be done
with overlaying another image, and afterwards pdflatex (from the
teTeX package) can be used to create a PDF document again.

Anyway, while this is a possible way, it seems to be one of the
most over-complicated ones. :-)

--
Polytropon
>From Magdeburg, Germany