does ndisgen work with(mini) pci-E cards?

Paul B. Mahol onemda at gmail.com
Fri Apr 17 13:44:35 UTC 2009

On 4/13/09, Steve Franks <bahamasfranks at gmail.com> wrote:
> My new laptop is the fist I've seen with mini-pci-express.  Major
> PITA.  I get ndis0 after ndisgen/kldload/etc, but I can see any AP's,
> and I'm wondering if it's due to the new bus?  I suspect I'm barking
> up the wrong tree since the driver does get loaded, it's probably
> finding the card...other thoughts I'm having is alot of Q&A I've
> googled makes reference to the speficic rev of ndis (4.0, 5.0,
> 5.1)...maybe that's an issue...

You really did not provide any useful information.

When you load module what is displayed on console?
What is displayed if you change debug.ndis sysctl to 1?

What is your pciconf -lv output for ndis0?

ndis0 at pci0:16:0:0:      class=0x028000 card=0x1364103c chip=0x431114e4
rev=0x01 hdr=0x00
    vendor     = 'Broadcom Corporation'
    device     = 'Dell Wireless 1390 WLAN Mini-PCI Card'
    class      = network

--
Paul