the 'make' command in the ports tree

N. Raghavendra raghu at mri.ernet.in
Mon Apr 13 05:48:08 UTC 2009

At 2009-04-12T20:08:21+02:00, dede wrote:

> I search a command that list all availables variables that afect
> program installation, and all arguments I can give to the
> /usr/port/Makefile

`make showconfig' displays all the options available for a port.

> (I know about 'make search key= and name=' is there another?).

The ports(1) man page describes several targets that can be used with
a port Makefile.

> Could anyone give me some cool addresses to learn on the subject?

Apart from the above man page, there are the FreeBSD Handbook [Chapter 4]
for information aimed at users, and the Porter's Handbook for technical
information.

HTH,
Raghu.

--