/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: /usr/local/lib/libcairo.so.2: Undefined symbol "pixman_region32_init"

firmdog at gmail.com firmdog at gmail.com
Mon Apr 13 02:44:08 UTC 2009

Hi,

After installing Freebsd 7.1 with this as my uname -a:
7.1-PRERELEASE FreeBSD 7.1-PRERELEASE #0

And then updating the ports, and doing the following:

pkg_add -r xorg
pkg_add -r blackbox
pkg_add -r firefox3

I can start blackbox fine, but when I try to launch, say, firefox I get
this:

/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: /usr/local/lib/libcairo.so.2: Undefined symbol
"pixman_region32_init"

Any ideas?  I have no clue, and searching the web turns up nothing.