openoffice.org-3.01 packages available (i386)

Chris Whitehouse cwhiteh at onetel.com
Fri Apr 10 17:29:33 PDT 2009

Glen Barber wrote:
> Manolis,
>
> Thanks again for taking the time for this.
>
> [snip]
>
>> The site does not yet contain any other pages or info, as Glen is still
>> working on the web content.
>>
>> Please send us your feedback (including problems, suggestions and
>> success stories!) either on the list or directly.  If this proves to be
>> successful, we could also build and host other packages as well.
>>

> Any problems with the site, please contact me so I can notify my
> hosting provider, as I don't have physical access to the server.
>

> Thanks!

Hi guys,

When you have a minute please would you have a look at a proposal for
changes to the packages system I posted which is kind of a ports
equivalent of freebsd-update involving a 'ports-snapshot'.

The original post is here

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2009-April/195793.html.

A more detailed description is here

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/2009-April/196223.html

And other peoples comments in between.

It's going a bit parallel to the discussion here and in fact you have
already offered some of the requirements,ie hosting

Would you be interested in incorporating the idea into what you are
doing? I could at least do some building of packages.

One of the requirements is a new package management tool which I've
called ports-update. Does anyone here have C or scripting skills who
would be interested to write it? I'm sorry to ask, I know the FreeBSD
way is to do it yourself, but I don't have programming skills. I could
probably knock up a framework to start from though.

If you are prepared to host a bunch of packages it would be interesting
to ask people to give us a list of their installed packages to create a
master list.

Thanks

Chris