Multiple instances of MySQL

Brent Bloxam brentb at beanfield.com
Thu Apr 9 12:57:56 PDT 2009

Mel Flynn wrote:

> Any reason a jail can't be used? This would allow sharing the binary using
> null or union fs, little overhead, yet seperated from host install and no
> maintenance of port installed files, like rc.d/mysql-server.

Unionfs, unix sockets and flush operations don't like each other from
what I know, so make sure your database directory and socket aren't
going to be located on a unionfs mount and you should be okay. Someone
feel free to correct me if I'm wrong on this, but I definitely haven't
been able to get MySQL to play nice with unionfs