new package system proposal

Gary Gatten Ggatten at waddell.com
Thu Apr 9 08:54:31 PDT 2009

This is the kinda B$ I'm talking about.  Trying to install krb5 from
ports, and after 2 hours (or more) of finding and compiling dependencies
and whatever else "make" does - it aborts!  WTF!!!  I'm sure when I try
to remove "heimdal-1.0.1" it will cause more problems that lead to more
problems....

===>  Installing for krb5-1.6.3_5

===>  krb5-1.6.3_5 conflicts with installed package(s):
      heimdal-1.0.1

      They install files into the same place.
      Please remove them first with pkg_delete(1).
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/security/krb5.