firefox3 with high latencies when acting with mouse or keyboard and graphics refresh

Jeff Laine wtf.jlaine at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 10:33:24 PDT 2009

On Wed, Apr 08, 2009 at 01:42:56PM +0000, O. Hartmann wrote:
> Hello,
> got a problem since yesterday after having done a lot of updates
> (ports): on all of my FreeBSD 8.0-CURRENT/amd64 boxes firefox does have
> enormous high latencies when typing in or moving the mouse or popping up
> the window icon or down. Since this happens on all of 8.0-CUR/amd boxes,
> I guess it has something to do with an upgrade of the ports.
>
> I reinstalled firefox twice, but without success, so I want to ask for
> some hints..
>
> Regards,
> Oliver

It is unlikely your case, but I've had similar issues with firefox on my laptop
with intel video under 7.2-PRERELEASE.
Setting video driver option "AccelMethod" to old XAA mode in xorg.conf helped a lot.

--
Best regards,
Jeff

| "Nobody wants to say how this works.  |
|  Maybe nobody knows ..."              |
|                       Xorg.conf(5)    |