anybody know about a 3.01 package *With* browser?

Manolis Kiagias sonic2000gr at gmail.com
Mon Apr 6 13:14:18 PDT 2009

Adam Vandemore wrote:
> Gary Kline wrote:

>>>     For comparison: on a P4/2.26ghz/2 gbyte RAM, lightly loaded
>>> with fairly fast SCSI disks, it takes 30+ hours.
>>>

>>>                 Robert Huff
>>>

>>     Sorry if this is getting old.... .
>>
>>     I'm running two desktops, one 2.8GHz, this one 2.4.  Both with
>>     "only" 1G ram.  I useemy hardware pretty intensively, not lightly
>>     loaded, and building a full-blown OO takes at least three days.
>>     ---This is when I've got plenty of space.  With fewer than  5G
>>     disk, forget it.  That's why I want my next computer to be not
>>     only powerful but with diskspace to burn.
>>

> just got done compiling ooo3 devel on 1.4 gz pentium-m.  I think it
> took less than a day, 512 ram, nothing else running.

My tinderbox machine (see ports-mgmt/tinderbox and
http://tinderbox.marcuscom.com/README.html) builds this in 8 hours
(assuming the distfiles are already available locally). It is a modest
2.5Ghz P4 with 2G RAM and plenty of disk space. I am also using ccache.
I would be glad to make these packages available somewhere (this machine
is constantly building packages anyway), but I don't have this kind of
space available anywhere. If people care enough though, I could probably
create a torrent.