7.1 rum0 belkin USB AP

Christoph Kukulies kuku at kukulies.org
Mon Apr 6 07:38:27 PDT 2009

I'm in the need of getting a FreeBSD box acting as a router for a 11b wlan.
It seemed to have worked with 11g but the Dell treumobile card which is
in an older Inspiron 8000
only seems to understand 11b. It doesn't seem to connect to the wlan my
FreeBSD is offering at the moment with the belkin USB AP.

My ifconfig line is

ifconfig rum0 inet 10.0.0.1/24 mediaopt hostap ssid CITYOFFICE  wepmode
on wepkey 0xf00baf00ba weptxkey 1 channel 1

The SSID is seen by the dell truemobile card but it cannot connect to
the network.

Do I have to explicitly force 11b on the belkin ?

--
Christoph