anybody know about a 3.01 package *With* browser?

Oliver Fromme olli at lurza.secnetix.de
Mon Apr 6 06:22:49 PDT 2009

Robert Huff wrote:
 > Tim Judd writes:
 >
 > >  Reference - dependency list for OOo 3.0.1 package, 7.1-R i386:
 >
 >         <deleted>
 >
 > >  I'm not sure why there's so much depenencies, but if anyone wants
 > >  me to post it, I want to know.
 >
 >         Because OOo declines to re-invent the wheel?  Some of these are
 > easy to understand if you know almost nothing about programming -
 > the fonts for example.  Others, like cairo, pango, expat, and CUPS,
 > are established libraries for dealing with things like text
 > input/rendering, graphics, and printing.  "gtk" is the GUI tookkit.
 >         What I don't understand is things like pciids-20090224.

It's required by hal.  About half of the dependencies seem
to be Xorg-related things (fonts, libraries, protocols).
There are also dependencies for supporting various graphics
formats (png, jpeg, tiff) and scripting languages (python,
perl).  Well, it all adds up.

Best regards
   Oliver

We're sysadmins.  To us, data is a protocol-overhead.