ACL

Vasadi I. Claudiu Florin claudiu.vasadi at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 00:38:00 PDT 2009

Hello guyz,

I have here a little misunderstanding of something. Maybe I didn't do it
corectly; anyway, it works, so that's the question. Regarding ACL's
default entry. When I specify one, It doesn't apear as one would aspect.
For instance, on solaris, when I set default ACL on a folder I have
something like (notice the "default"):

# file: muzica
# owner: root
# group: wheel
user::rwx
user:smbadmin:rwx
user:ftpadmin:rwx
group::---
mask::rwx
other::---
default:user::rwx
default:user:root:rwx
default:group::rwx
default:group:wheel:rwx
default:other:---

Now, on FreeBSD I have no such default options, but strainglly it works.
It's good that it works, but the problem remains... how to tell, with
detailes, IF a default ACL is set to a folder, AND what's is it's values.