going from cvs to svnq

Andrew Hamilton-Wright AHamiltonWright at MtA.ca
Wed Apr 1 04:19:39 PDT 2009

Sorry to follow-up my own note, but . . .

On Wed, 1 Apr 2009, Andrew Wright wrote:

[ further snippage of previous note ]

> Strong Caveats:

> o ***Early Adopter Warning***: There has not been (as far as I know) a
>   general call for people to move to this type of repository access except
>   for committers -- therefore expect rough edges until a general
> announcement
>   is made.

I would further urge you to read:
 	http://svn.freebsd.org/viewvc/base/projects/GUIDELINES.txt?view=markup
for an overview of the information used by the committers, and will
further add:

Even Stronger Caveat:

  o The "head" revision translates to something like "current" looking
    around in
 	   http://svn.freebsd.org/viewvc/base/
    will show you that there are directories other than "head" from
    which branching is done.  Some perusal of the svn manual and poking
    around in the repository may help you track "current", but there
    isn't anything in place yet to let you track "stable", for instance.

A.