ftp with .... ?

Vasadi I. Claudiu Florin claudiu.vasadi at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 01:11:14 PDT 2009

On Wed, 01 Apr 2009 03:53:09 +0300, Joshua Gimer <jgimer at gmail.com> wrote:

> Are you sure that the suid bit will not provide the functionality that
> you require?

It provides it, but only half of it. Did "chmod g+s /mnt" and "chmod u+s
/mnt" but when I create a file with "ftpadmin" through a ftp the file has
ftpadmin:wheel (Parent directory belongs to root:wheel). Maybe it cannot
change to root ? That would be strainge, seing how samba can do it (then
again samba has a module for this)

> I would make sure that the proper user owns the directory
They are

> and then set its suid bit (chmod u+s /mnt/)

Already did that.