can't add interfaces to bridge

Nikos Vassiliadis nvass at teledomenet.gr
Tue Sep 30 11:02:08 UTC 2008

On Monday 29 September 2008 19:40:56 Steve Franks wrote:
> Just trying to string some old printers & the like off my rl0 and get
> them onto the local wifi net via ath0.  ath0 is connected to an AP.

Well, currently, you can't bridge rl0 and ath0.

If I understood correctly, you want to make the printers available
to others computers living on the wifi net, right?

1) Isn't plain IP forwarding enough?
	You can add a static route to the AP and it will
	redirect every request for the ethernet_segment to
	your FreeBSD box, which will forward them to the
	printers, etc.
2) You can use 1:1 NAT to map each IP address attached to
	rl0 ethernet segment to another	IP on the wifi

Is this helping? Nikos