Build error while upgrading 'kdesdk-3.5.9' to 'kdesdk-3.5.10' (devel/kdesdk3)

Michal Petrucha johnny64 at swissjabber.org
Wed Sep 24 19:01:33 UTC 2008

First, thanks for your response.

> Did you previously have kde-4 on this machine? ldconfig -r |grep gettext
> should show a /usr/local/kde4/../libgettext.so, but that isn't usuable, so
> new port builds will see 'a libgettext', so wont install gettext, but kde's
> configure finds it is not usuable, so will default to it's internal copy of
> gettext, which doesn't compile cleanly.
> cd /usr/ports/devel/kdesdk
> ${EDITOR} `make -V WRKSRC`/config.log
> that should show hints why it does not find gettext usable.
>
> (Yep, been bitten by it).

Well, I didn't yet install kde4 and I don't intend to. (-:
Anyway, ldconfig -r | grep gettext shows only the following output:

~~~~~~
        271:-lgettextpo.4 => /usr/local/lib/libgettextpo.so.4
~~~~~~

I don't understand why it doesn't list libgettextlib.so since it is
installed by the port devel/gettext (gettext-0.17_1 is installed here)

I uploaded the whole config.log to
http://johnny64.fixinko.sk/junk/config.log.kdesdk3
but I don't see any relevant messages concerning gettext...

But anyway, how did you solve the error you were getting? Do you think
just running ldconfig will help? Won't it spoil something important?

Michal Petrucha

--
(-K JohnNy alias Partial Derivative ∂
[home] http://johnny64.fixinko.sk/