Problem report not showing up?

Mel fbsd.questions at rachie.is-a-geek.net
Sat Sep 20 16:27:20 UTC 2008

On Saturday 20 September 2008 16:57:15 Philip Semanchuk wrote:

> > Better yet, check your /var/log/maillog first. Once submitted you
> > will get an
> > autoreply, with the ID it's been assigned to. Send-pr's that don't
> > show up,
> > usually reside in /usr/bin/mailq.
>
> Good call -- there it is. I guess send-pr assumes I have a machine
> from which I can send email. I'll resubmit using the Web form.

It assumes the variable MAIL_AGENT is capable of sending mail:
       If the environment variable MAIL_AGENT is set, its value is used as the
       path + command line arguments of the executable to be invoked for send-
       ing the problem report (which will be provided via standard input).
       This can be useful if you either use a MTA other than sendmail or  need
       to  provide  additional  parameters,  such  as  the  envelope sender on
       machines without a valid FQDN.
       Default value: /usr/sbin/sendmail -oi -t

If you want, you can write your own script that ssh's to a mail-sending
capable machine and invokes the mail-sending program there (no extra stamps
required!).
--
Mel

    and never get to the software part.