two nics each with dsl and the third for LAN and am not able to get any milage out of one dsl.

Nash Nipples trashy_bumper at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 19 21:55:40 UTC 2008

> I just inherited a second dsl line and don't have a
> server to connect
> it too so I have it connected to a third nic that I have in
> the Dell
> that has the first dsl connection and the LAN.  I have been
> running pf
> on the two nics with nat and squid in transparent proxy
> mode without
> any issues. My problem is that I haven't come up with a
> way to really
> take advantage of the new dsl to reduce traffic on the
> first.  I'm not
> even dreaming of load balancing just sharing some of the
> load.
>
> I had thought about trying to get squid to use the second
> connection
> but my feeble attempts at redirecting it haven't made
> much sense nor
> have they worked. Most of our traffic is outgoing rather
> than
> incoming, if that helps.
>
> I'm sure someone else must have a similar setup and are
> doing better
> than I.  Anything is better than nothing. Basically, I
> think and hope
> that I am just drowning in a glass of water.
>
> Thanks for any suggestions.
>
> ed

it all well depends on how many wires you need to make your boss happy.
if you feel like u can be replaced with a router maybe you should start making half-way websites rather than doing 2 way internet connections.
but there is a shoe for every foot. i actually admire the creativity of the pf coders. i hope you have at least 2 gateways. please don't drown.
http://www.openbsd.org/faq/pf/pools.html