More build problems: portmaster and portupgrade not properly working.

hv hv at tuebingen.mpg.de
Thu Sep 11 08:26:02 UTC 2008

Am 10.09.2008 um 05:46 schrieb Desmond Chapman:
> install  -o root -g wheel -m 555 /usr/ports/ports-mgmt/portmaster/
> work/portmaster.sh /usr/local/sbin/portmaster
> install  -o root -g wheel -m 444 /usr/ports/ports-mgmt/portmaster/
> files/portmaster.8 /usr/local/man/man8
> ===>   Compressing manual pages for portmaster-1.25
> ===>   Registering installation for portmaster-1.25
> # portmaster
> portmaster: Command not found.
> How can I have it installed and it doesn't work?
> Man pages are there, the binary doesn't seem to be.

Also make sure that  your PATH Variable contains  /usr/local/sbin.
Setting the PATH depends on your shell.
Tip: echo $PATH shows the current content of this variable.

Regards
--
Henry Vogt <hv at tuebingen.mpg.de> (Fon: ++49-7071-601-511, Fax: -826)
Campus Max-Planck-Institute, Spemannstr. 32-41, Tübingen, Germany