flyspray and php 5/postgresql weirdness, help ...

O. Hartmann ohartman at zedat.fu-berlin.de
Fri Sep 5 14:08:01 UTC 2008

hello,
for development in our scientific environment I setup
/usr/ports/devel/flyspray, running with a postgresql 8.3.3 backend on a
FreeBSD 7.1-PRE box.
After a successful installation, I get this error while trying to reach
the freshly installed server via https://host/flyspray/:

Query {SELECT p.*, c.content AS pm_instructions, c.last_updated AS
cache_update FROM "flyspray_projects" p LEFT JOIN "flyspray_cache" c ON
c.topic = p.project_id AND c.type = 'msg' WHERE p.project_id = ?} with
params {1} Failed! (ERROR: operator does not exist: character varying =
integer LINE 3: ... LEFT JOIN "flyspray_cache" c ON c.topic =
p.projec... ^ HINT: No operator matches the given name and argument
type(s). You might need to add explicit type casts.)

I do not know whether the shown problem is postgresql-syntactical or a
php 5 problem, so I guess it's a kind of both.

By the way, the webserver is Lighttpd and not Apache, so it may could be
a fastcgi.server problem?

I would appreciate any hint or tip, thanks a lot ...

Oliver