FreeBSD7 and realtek 8111C

Popof Popof popof.fpn at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 12:22:49 UTC 2008

Hi,
I have a ASRock Wolfdale1333-GLAN/M2, and I use it in order to run FreeNAS.
FreeNAS is based on FreeBSD in order to simply provide a NAS solution.
With the version of FreeNAS based on FreeBSD 6.3 the NIC wasn't recognize, I
had to download those drivers and to compile them in order to make my NIC
working on FreeNAS.
When I tried the version based on FreeBSD 7 the system doesn't recognize my
NIC. I load the module that i made for my NIC, the system recognize my NIC
but when i tried to assign to it an ip address its stops to work.

Jason, what is the name of the device that you use? Maybe this card isn't
support with the realtek driver on FreeBSD 7 but its use another one. Mine
is rl.