Funny slogans to put on tshirts

Chad Perrin perrin at apotheon.com
Fri Oct 31 13:43:41 PDT 2008

On Fri, Oct 31, 2008 at 08:44:57PM +1030, en0f wrote:
> Redd Vinylene wrote:
> > Hello guys,
> >
> > It's my friend's birthday tomorrow. I was thinking I'd make him a
> > tshirt with some funny slogan on it or something. Preferably something
> > UNIX related. But I'm all outta ideas. Perhaps y'all can help?
> > Alright, much obliged, thanks.
> >

> * hold it right there buddy.
> + <silent>
>
> * that scruffy beard... those suspenders... that smug expression...
> + <silent>
>
> * you're one of those condescending unix computer users!
> + here's a nickel, kid. get yourself a better computer.

Isn't that the script of a Dilbert strip?

Maybe, for shirt purposes, just distill that down to its essence:

"Here's a nickel, kid.  Get yourself a better computer."

It could also be modified a bit:

"Here's a nickel, kid.  Blank CDs are cheap.  Get yourself a better
operating system."

. . . maybe with a Windows logo crossed out, or with a FreeBSD logo, or
something like that.

Of course, one of my favorite one-liners is one I made up:

"Power corrupts.  The command line corrupts absolutely."

. . . or, altneratively:

"Power corrupts.  Unix corrupts absolutely."

--
Chad Perrin [ content licensed PDL: http://pdl.apotheon.org ]
Quoth Larry Wall: "What is the sound of Perl?  Is it not the sound of a