Marvell 88E8052 PCI-E LAN on FreeBSD 7.0 (PYUN Yong-Hyeon)

Graham Bentley admin at cpcnw.co.uk
Fri Oct 31 01:18:25 PDT 2008

> I'm not sure you suffers from the same problem but there was a
> Tx checksum offload related bug in msk(4) driver and it was fixed
> in HEAD. How about applying the diff in CVS rev 1.33 of if_msk?
> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/src/sys/dev/msk/if_msk.c.diff?r1=1.32;r2=1.33;f=h

Would love to have a crack at this but have never 'applied diffs' before?!

I am guessing I look in to the source for the msk module, find line 2601,
add the code in the green box, then remake the module and copy over the
existing one?

If theres a step by step to the correct procedure I'd appreciate pointers.

As an aside I went back and added -txcsum -rxcsum whlist using the
msk module and that also worked.

Thanks!