tangoGPS && FreeBSD 7.0

Matthias Apitz matthias.apitz at oclc.org
Thu Oct 30 12:46:48 PDT 2008

El día Thursday, October 30, 2008 a las 07:51:05PM +0100, Fabian Keil escribió:

> Matthias Apitz <guru at unixarea.de> wrote:
>
> > Is anybody aware of a port of tangoGPS
> > http://www.tangogps.org/gps/cat/About to FreeBSD 7.0? It runs it in my
> > Linux based cellphone Openmoko FreeRunner and it would be nice to have
> > it as well in my eeePC (just for having better capacity for cached maps
> > of OpenStreetMap and a bigger display). What kind of USB based GPS
> > devices could be used in this eeePC with FreeBSD 7.0?
>
> Using your FreeRunner seems like an obvious choice to me.
>
> I got one as well, but I'm not aware of a tangoGPS port
> for FreeBSD and haven't looked into how much effort
> porting it would take either.

tangoGPS compiled and works just fine in FreeBSD, just the usual way:

./configure
make
make install

it needs a gps daemon which is in the ports, and you need some GPS
device RS232 or USB based and the web pages of gpsd have a long list
of compatibel devices, for sure not all tested with FreeBSD; will see if
I could check some out in the near future;

	matthias
--
Matthias Apitz
Manager Technical Support - OCLC GmbH