kqemu runs 2x faster on i386 than amd64!?

Steve Franks stevefranks at ieee.org
Thu Oct 30 11:28:58 PDT 2008

I'm not comparing apples-to-apples exactly, but both my disks are in
the same system, both are running 7-stable from within the last few
months, so it's pretty close.  Also, the i386 is a direct replacement
of the amd64 to fix this and other problems, so the software &
settings set is pretty identical also...

kqemu crawls when I boot amd64 (and I notice the processor is always
over 50%), and it's reasonalbly usable on i386 (also, the processor is
often in the 30% range, instead of 60%).

Steve