iSCSI support

Chris St Denis chris at smartt.com
Thu Oct 30 10:16:19 PDT 2008

Jeff Chen - PTT 陳龍焜 wrote:
> Hi,
> My company is a storage RAID system company. There is one customer ask iSCSI solution with my production of my company with FreeBSD 6.1. But I found some information in the Internet, the iSCSI full support on FreeBSD is 7.0. Is it mean FreeBSD 6.1 can’t support iSCSI?
>
> BR,
> Jeff

There are some patches around to run it on 6.2 (maybe all of 6.x) but
the performance isn't very good.

I used this on 6.2 and it did work:
ftp://ftp.cs.huji.ac.il/users/danny/freebsd/iscsi-2.0.92.tar.gz

This looks like a more recent version (tho no guarantee it will work on
6.x): ftp://ftp.cs.huji.ac.il/users/danny/freebsd/iscsi-2.1.tar.gz