Status line for text mode console

Polytropon freebsd at edvax.de
Thu Oct 30 01:30:19 PDT 2008

On Wed, 29 Oct 2008 23:10:02 -0700, Jeremy Chadwick <koitsu at freebsd.org> wrote:
> Sounds like something screen(1) offers.  See sysutils/screen.

Much too complicated. :-) I'm using screen on a daily basis to
manage multiple SSH sessions (very comfortable tool), but for
something that should run locally (a local terminal session)
it doesn't seem to be the right tool.

> In general, this is really not something the *operating system* offers,
> or the shell.  This is often the responsibility of a third-party
> program that manipulates the pty.

That's a correct consideration. Maybe I have some ideas running
a shell, along with some Ncurses stuff...

--
Polytropon
>From Magdeburg, Germany
Happy FreeBSD user since 4.0