where is syslogd log?

Edward King zhangsc at neusoft.com
Wed Oct 29 21:59:16 PDT 2008

I call syslog(),LOG_USER with Unix C language,it should write a message in /var/adm/messages in Solaris,such as "connected from 10.1.1.2"  ,I want to know which file  in FreeBSD?I look for /var/log/messages,I don't find my message  "connected from 10.1.1.2" in this file. Why?

My syslog.conf is follows:
# $FreeBSD: src/etc/syslog.conf,v 1.28 2005/03/12 12:31:16 glebius Exp $
#
# Spaces ARE valid field separators in this file. However,
# other *nix-like systems still insist on using tabs as field
# separators. If you are sharing this file between systems, you
# may want to use only tabs as field separators here.
# Consult the syslog.conf(5) manpage.
*.err;kern.warning;auth.notice;mail.crit  /dev/console
*.notice;authpriv.none;kern.debug;lpr.info;mail.crit;news.err /var/log/messages
security.*     /var/log/security
auth.info;authpriv.info    /var/log/auth.log
mail.info     /var/log/maillog
lpr.info     /var/log/lpd-errs
ftp.info     /var/log/xferlog
cron.*      /var/log/cron
*.=debug     /var/log/debug.log
*.emerg      *
# uncomment this to log all writes to /dev/console to /var/log/console.log
#console.info     /var/log/console.log
# uncomment this to enable logging of all log messages to /var/log/all.log
# touch /var/log/all.log and chmod it to mode 600 before it will work
#*.*      /var/log/all.log
# uncomment this to enable logging to a remote loghost named loghost
#*.*      @loghost
# uncomment these if you're running inn
# news.crit     /var/log/news/news.crit
# news.err     /var/log/news/news.err
# news.notice     /var/log/news/news.notice
!startslip
*.*      /var/log/slip.log
!ppp
*.*      /var/log/ppp.log

Confidentiality Notice: The information contained in this e-mail and any
accompanying attachment(s) is intended only for the use of the intended
recipient and may be confidential and/or privileged of Neusoft Corporation, its subsidiaries and/or its affiliates. If any reader of this communication is not the intended recipient, unauthorized use, forwarding, printing, storing, disclosure or copying is strictly prohibited, and may be unlawful. If you have received this communication in error, please immediately notify the sender by return e-mail, and delete the original message and all copies from your system. Thank you.