DHCP server

Svein Halvor Halvorsen svein.h at lvor.halvorsen.cc
Wed Oct 29 08:36:38 PDT 2008

bofh42 wrote:
>         > [root at weld:~]$ dhcpcd -n eth0
>         > eth0: dhcpcd 4.0.2 starting
>         > eth0: broadcasting for a lease
>         > eth0: offered 10.0.0.176 from 10.0.1.1 `mirrorball'
>         > eth0: checking 10.0.0.176 is available on attached networks
>         >

>         Are you sure you are using the correct command to start the DHCP
>         client?
>
>         I'm not familiar with Archlinux, but on Debian linux the command
>         you
>         need is dhclient.  On the other hand, dhcpd starts the dhcp
>         *server*

Yes, I'm sure. Notice the extra "c" in there. I'm using the DHCP client
deamon. That is, a client that runs in the background keeping my DCHP
lease up to speed. The -n option will cause it to signal a renewal.
Also, I get similar results if I use the dhclient utility instead of dhcpcd.

But thanks for your suggestion!

	sv.