vlc not decoding certain DVDs

Ted Mittelstaedt tedm at toybox.placo.com
Tue Oct 28 20:48:58 PDT 2008

I have found personally that the movie studios have been going
all out recently in various copy protection standards that break
the DVD standard but are still playable on most of the hardware
DVD players out there.  As a result I've had to resort in some cases
to running varous Windows versions of DVD rippers to get the
movies into video files and off the DVD.  Your going to have to
experiment since this is also dependent on the DVD drive itself.

Once you get the DVD ripped to a video file it's generally no problem
to play it.

Ted