reviving games/freebsd-games

Jurjen Middendorp jurjenm at stack.nl
Tue Oct 28 03:57:17 PDT 2008

On Mon, Oct 27, 2008 at 09:22:19PM +0100, clemens fischer wrote:
>> Jeremy Chadwick:
>
>> I think the bottom line here is that until someone steps up and
>> actually volunteers to fix the code, it will remain broken.  (I don't
>> normally tote this attitude, but in this case it's applicable: this is
>> a volunteer project! :-) )
>
>That's why I want to try my skills on it.  I found the emails you cited,
>but they didn't help much.
>
>Gdb(1) is no mystery to me, and it told me where larn crashes.  Doing
>"scrollname[i][0]=' '" with "char *scrollname[] = {"\0something",...}"
>shouldn't cause a SIGSEGV as far as I know.
>
>regards, clemens

If you do char *p = "something", you can't write to that string (it's a
pointer into some stringtable: easy way to look at it :). You have to use
char p[] = "something", then it's an array with enough storage to write to :)
maybe try something like char scrollname[NUMSCROLLS][]; ?

greetings,
Jurjen.