Seg Fault Action!

Graham Bentley admin at cpcnw.co.uk
Tue Oct 28 03:03:22 PDT 2008

Hi All,

I have often wondered what to do if I compile a port and
immediatly after trying to run it I get a seg fault.

In the past I have just tried to find an alternative port
that did the same job, but it has always felt as though I
wasnt trying hard enough.

Yesterday after upgrading all my ports tree I decided to
get printing working and cups / HP stuff all works fine
as does the web gui to cups so I decided to try and
make xpp.

The result is 'Segmentation Fault' - thats it!

How do I go about finding out what caused it and how to
get the program running?

Any tips etc appreciated!