Gimp-help not working after portupgrade

Mike Clarke jmc-freebsd2 at milibyte.co.uk
Sun Oct 26 04:43:03 PDT 2008

As a follow-up to my last post I've discovered something very odd.

If I run gimp from a terminal window using just the command gimp then I
can access the local help files with no problem (but still can't load
any files via http).

If I run gimp from the KDE menu (or by pressing ALT+F2 and typing gimp
into the run dialog then I get the "The GIMP user manual is not
installed" error as before.

I've tried to "run truss -p" on the process started from the KDE menu
but truss aborts with a message "Cannot malloc -33677376 bytes for
pollfd array: Cannot allocate memory" - yes thats a minus sign in front
of 33677376).

Any suggestions where I go from here?

--
Mike Clarke