Drive Disconnection

Mark Jacobs mark.jacobs at custserv.com
Fri Oct 24 11:19:57 PDT 2008

I have an external Lacie 1Tb drive attached to a FreeBSD 6.4-PRERELEASE
system via an ESATA connection.

atapci0: <SiI SiI 3512 SATA150 controller>

I cleaned off the drive by writing random data to it. The write took
overnight and didn't experience any problems. I then added a filesystem
to the drive and mounted it on the system.

However when I perform an rsync backup from a FreeBSD 7.1 PRERELEASE
system to the drive over an NFS connection the drive disconnects and the
server reboots.

Does anyone have an idea where to go from here?

--
Mark Jacobs
Time Customer Service

$100 placed at 7 percent interest compounded quarterly for
200 years will increase to more than $100,000,000 -- by which
time it will be worth nothing.

Robert A. Heinlein
Time Enough for Love (1973)