man -t odd page size

Gonzalo Nemmi gnemmi at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 13:50:55 PDT 2008

On Thursday 23 October 2008 5:39:36 pm Bob McConnell wrote:
> On Behalf Of Al Plant
>
> >Valentin Bud wrote:
> >> hello,
> >> what do you know about this site: http://www.metricamerica.com/.
> >> i don't remember where i have read that America is going to apply the
>
> SI
>
> >> (ess eye)
> >> unit system.
> >> so things are going to change maybe even the A4 papersize.
> >
> > The Metric System has been a legal measure in the United States since
> > the 1860's.
> >
> > There is nothing to stop anybody legally from using it.
>
> However, there is one problem. When I go into Staples, Office Depot or
> Sam's, they only have letter sized paper. I have yet to see a single box
> of A4 or any other ISO size. Sure, my printers can handle A4, but where
> can I buy a couple reams of it?

Turn it around and that's what happens to the rest of us who do not live in
the US or Canada :(

I'm not saying "get rid of letter / drop letter" .. im just proposing to
analize the idea that "letter" is no longer the one and only option available
and that defaulting to it has no bad side effects .. A4 affects too many of
us .. and having apps defaulting to letter is increasingly becoming a serious
shortcoming that should start to be taken into consideration ... at least
give us a simple to use flag :(

> Bob McConnell
> Ithaca, NY

Regards