High Performance Computing Mini-Cluster

Gerardo Paredes gerardon_paredes at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 21 11:25:33 PDT 2008

--- On Tue, 10/21/08, David Robillard <david.robillard at gmail.com> wrote:

> From: David Robillard <david.robillard at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: High Performance Computing Mini-Cluster
> To: gerardon_paredes at yahoo.com
> Cc: "Maxim Khitrov" <mkhitrov at gmail.com>, "FreeBSD Questions" <freebsd-questions at freebsd.org>
> Date: Tuesday, October 21, 2008, 9:18 AM
> You might want to talk to the author of this:
> http://www.bsdcan.org/2007/schedule/events/6.en.html
> "Reflections on Building a High-performance Computing
> Cluster Using
> FreeBSD" by Brooks Davis.
>

>From what i have read, Matt Olander and Brooks Davis are the foremost experts at cluster building on FreeBSD. However i believe a document needs to be written explaining in detailed steps how to do it, so the common user can do it. Obviously not every "common" man needs a cluster.

In my case i am pitching the project of a big cluster to our University here in Honduras to run some kinds of apps we have, like a Trade Exchange Market Simulation written in Python we have about two years developing which we plan to run distributed across the cluster.

Since I cannot attend that seminar, i will be expecting for at least the presentation to be posted.

Gerardo Paredes