page fault while in kernel mode

Robert Fitzpatrick lists at webtent.net
Tue Oct 21 12:05:36 PDT 2008

On Tue, 2008-10-21 at 11:47 -0700, Jeremy Chadwick wrote:
> The drivers which don't work are listed in the /sys/i386/conf/PAE
> file.  They're prefixed by the word "nodevice", which tells the
> kernel config reader "DO NOT build this device, because it won't
> work".
>
> You will need to take the "nodevice" lines from /sys/i386/conf/PAE and
> put them into your kernel config file.  (There are alternative methods
> such as using "include" directives and so on, but I'm trying to keep
> this explanation simple.)
>
> Make sense now?  :-)

Perfect sense now, believe it or not I was beginning to think along
these lines as I was doing some searching and found 'device adv' in my
config file and there was a description of the hardware it was for,
which I don't have. Thanks for the clarification, now let's see if I can
get this build done...thanks to all!

--
Robert