gjournal: journaled slices vs. journaled partitions

Laszlo Nagy gandalf at shopzeus.com
Mon Oct 20 22:26:31 PDT 2008

> So how do I achieve per-slice journaling instead of per-partition?
The docs only says this: "gjournal only supports UFS2". It does not
specifically say that you cannot have per-slice journaling. However,
since you could have other filesystems on your slice, I bet that slice
based journaling is not supported.

Consider this: how would you journal an NTFS file system (and then boot
windows after an unclean shutdown?) Another tricky question: why would
you journal a SWAP partition?

Best,

   Laszlo