disappearing mouse pointer

Robert traveling08 at cox.net
Mon Oct 20 10:50:53 PDT 2008

Greetings FreeBSD

When running XFCE4 I will lose the mouse pointer at times. This will
only happen when I have the driver set to "nv" in xorg.conf. The mouse
will still work as I can see where it is when I pass over icons and
watch them highlight. If I can stop on an icon, I can click and it
works.

If I drop out of the XFCE4 using ctl-alt-backspace, the mouse pointer
appears and all is well. If I restart the XFCE4, there is no pointer.
If I change the driver to "vesa" and restart then I have a pointer
again. The only way I have found to regain the pointer using "nv" is to
reboot.

All ports are up to date and I am running amd64 RELENG_7 as of last
Saturday.

uname -a
FreeBSD asus64.shasta204.local 7.1-PRERELEASE FreeBSD 7.1-PRERELEASE
#1: Sat Oct 18 13:31:00 PDT 2008
root at asus64.shasta204.local:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  amd64

If I should have posted to a different list please let me know. I have
also attached my xorg.conf.

TIA

Robert